No bake, kid friendly and gluten free, Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares make the perfect do-it-yourself summer snacks for kids of all ages!
- 1¼ cup chunky peanut butter (1 cup for smooth peanut butter)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping:
- 1 cup bittersweet / semi sweet chocolate, chips or chopped
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- Measure all your ingredients. Coat 8 x 8 pan with non-stick spray and line bottom with parchment paper then reserve until needed
- In a large bowl add rice crispies, chunky peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt. Combine until well mixed.
- Pour crispy peanut butter mixture into waiting 8 x 8 pan. Press into corners and make a flat, even surface.
- Place chocolate and smooth peanut butter into a small microwavable bowl and melt, in 30 second intervals stirring in between until chocolate is melted and easy to pour. Pour chocolate over crispy peanut butter base and smooth it out with a clean spatula.
- Place immediately in fridge or freezer to set, about 1 hour.
- Remove when set. Unmold from pan by running a warm blade around the edges, then sliding it on to a waiting cutting board. Let stand for about 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to warm slightly to avoid cracking (see those tiny cracks in the chocolate above? *Someone* was a little impatient…) Cut with a warm, dry knife. For best results clean blade in between. Store in freezer. Break out as needed. Roll on summer.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Modern
Keywords: Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares, Rice Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares,