Drive the clan crazy with the smell of fresh-baked biscuits… and bacon… and cheese… and apple. These. Are. Epic. Buttery, flaky, and OMG good Cheese Bacon Apple Biscuits are perfect for breakfast, lunch or snacks!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter, cold, cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese. grated
- 3/4 cup sweet apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 8 – 10 slices of well-cooked smoked bacon, crumbled or chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 410°F (210°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, and salt then half your butter, and pulse three or four times to combine. Add the remainder of your butter and pulse until well combined, and sandy then transfer to a large bowl. (If you don’t have a food processor, lightly whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl then grade FROZEN butter into the dry mix. Rub between the palms of your hands until the mixture is coarse and sandy.)
- Add cheddar, mozzarella, apple, onion, and bacon and toss lightly to combine. Now add your buttermilk. Start with 1 1/2 cups and add more if needed. Mix dough with a wooden spoon until a shaggy, loose dough begins to form then turn out onto a well-floured surface. Knead biscuit dough with well-floured hands 5 – 8 times, or until dough holds together well.
- Shape dough into a large round, about 1 1/2 inches thick., then cut biscuits into the desired shape with a sharp biscuit cutter or knife. Transfer onto waiting baking sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch between each biscuit. Bake at 410°F (210°C) for 15 – 20 minutes depending on biscuit size.
- Remove and cool on a baking rack for about 5 minutes then, just try to resit them!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Baking
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheese Bacon Apple Biscuits