A simple, old fashioned deep Plum Puddin. Serve with whipped cream, clotted cream, heavy cream, a smooth custard or a good vanilla ice cream. Pure holiday simplicity in 45 minutes or less.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups (1 quart) canned plums (prunes) in syrup
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Coat 8 cup baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add dry ingredients directly into prepared baking dish and whisk to combine. Add butter and milk to dry mix and mix well, smooth in the bottom of the dish and reserve.
- In a small pot heat canned plums to boiling and pour immediately over pudding batter. DO NOT MIX. Bake at 350F for 30 – 35 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve, warm.
Gypsy Tip: Commercially canned plums contain pits. I remove the pits, one by one, by hand before boiling. Less chance of chipping a tooth that way.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Roma