Sweet and sour, with a fresh blast of citrus to make your seasonal salads sing. Honey Lime Vinaigrette tossed with your favorite fruit, accented with greens or grilled proteins will make summer patios meals amazing.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup light cooking oil (safflower, grape seed, canola)
- salt & pepper – to taste
- Add honey, lime juice, grainy mustard, cumin, salt and pepper to a deep vessel, medium bowl or blender.
- Gradually add oil, in a thin, steady stream as you whisk, blend with your immersion blender or through the hole on the lid of the blender as you blend at medium high speed. Slowly drizzle oil until it’s fully incorporated and your vinaigrette is smooth and opaque.
- Remove from measuring cup, bowl or blender and store in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Refrigerate until needed.
Gypsy Tip: A strong vinaigrette, make with fresh ingredients will hold up to three weeks in the fridge, though it might need a vigorous shake to bring it back to it’s emulsified state should it split.
- Category: Vinaigrette
- Cuisine: Central American