A one pot recipe to save you time and feed your people with one easy, delicious recipe. Chicken & Chorizo takes advantage of great summer flavour, but works on your table any time of year you need an amazing meal. I hope you (and yours) LOVE it.
- 1 cup DRY cured chorizo, sliced medium-thin
- 4 – 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium red onion, sliced chunky
- 4 – 6 stalks green onion, cut in 2-inch prices
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ red pepper, cut thick, julienne
- ½ green or yellow pepper, cut thick, julienne
- 1 tomato – rough chopped
- ½ – 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- olive oil, sunflower oil (see notes)
- salt & pepper – to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350⁰F (165⁰C). Start by lightly frying chorizo in a large, oven safe skillet until golden in thin skim off olive oil over med-high heat. Remove from pan and reserve.
2. While chorizo cooks, season well dried chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Once chorizo is removed add chicken, skin side down, until browned then flip. Repeat process. Reduce heat if needed. Remove chicken to rest with chorizo.
3. Remove pan from heat. Pour off excess grease. Keep all the nice brown bits in the bottom of the pan intact. Add red & green onions, garlic and tomato. Season if needed. Return to medium heat and add chicken stock. Scrape off all the brown bits that remain on the pan.
4. Return chorizo then chicken, skin side up. When liquid comes to a boil, place in oven, uncovered until internal temperature of thighs is 160*f (about 30 minutes).
5. Remove from oven, rest 3 – 5 minutes and serve, with rice. Sauce is a loose, tasty broth.
If you can’t find dry chorizo, try fresh. Remove from casing, crumble, fry, drain excess fat, remove and pick it up from there. Different look, slightly different texture, still, DELICIOUS!
- Category: Mains
- Method: Sautee
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: Chicken & Chorizo Recipe, One Pot Chicken Recipes