A few minutes worth of mixing and pop it in the oven for an easy, fast treat. This Orange Date Pumpkin Bread recipe is sure to please!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- zest & juice of 2 oranges (zest coarsely grated)
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with non-stick spray and line bottom with parchment paper for good measure.
- In a large bowl add purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt then whisk to combine. Grate orange rind into dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg, brown sugar, pumpkin puree oil, and orange juice. Fold pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, add dates & nuts, and mix until just combined. Scrape batter into the prepared pan(s) and smooth the top.
- Bake loaves until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 to 65 minutes, depending on your oven. Cool Orange Date Pumpkin Bread in their respective pans for 10 minutes or so. Run a slim knife around the edges then turn loaves onto a wire rack to cool completely.
For best results, and a clean-cut, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight then cut with a serrated blade, or bread knife.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Orange Pumpkin Bread