At Food Gypsy I value my readers, I love that you welcome me into your kitchen and as such I’m committed to protecting your privacy. Whether you subscribe to our website, newsletter or follow on social media channels your private information is safe here.
As of March 2021, Food Gypsy is now an ad-free environment. I made this change in response to your requests. Ads were blocking content and hindering your enjoyment of the site. You had concerns about your privacy.
I share these concerns. Nothing wrong with making a living through advertising, but quite frankly those ads weren’t working for me either. Over the past year, I watched traffic go up, while ad revenue went down. A dip for that $50 I made… in a year. Yup, you read that right $50 per year, so a big agency could scrape your personal data from my site.
Not any more.
What I now collect
I may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, if you sign up for the Food Gypsy newsletter.
- Contact information including email address, make a donation to the site via PayPal (coming soon)
- Otherwise, nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada. N O T H I N G.
What I do with the information I gather
Given your permission, I may use this information to better understand your needs and provide you with better content:
- Food Gypsy may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Or periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which I feel you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Food Gypsy is a secure site. What happens at Food Gypsy, stays at Food Gypsy. You are not a commodity here.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. We don’t serve those kinds of cookies here anymore. So, now the only cookies you find here are the kind you dunk in milk.
Sign up for your newsletter? That’s amazing. Guess who controls that? Me, that’s who. If someone wants to sell you something via Food Gypsy, it has to be approved by me. If I like it, I might agree to be paid to tell you about it. I believe whatever goes on my site should reflect my values and add value to your life. I’ll tell you upfront that it’s a paid sponsorship and you can make up your own mind from there.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that I have no control over these websites. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting other sites, not governed by this privacy statement.
If your privacy is a concern to you I encourage you to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of any site you visit.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to my using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting me, direct.
So by all means, subscribe, comment – and know – you’re safe here.
Cori Horton, Your Loving Food Gypsy