High in healthy fats and big on punchy taste, a meal for one or a sensational dinner party offering that takes no time at all. Just mix, rub, bake, doing a little fancy chopping and serve.
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle (or cayenne)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 – 6 ounce pieces of fresh salmon (skin on)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced small
- 4 tablespoons red and/or yellow peppers, diced small
- 2 – 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped coarse
- 1 – 2 limes, juiced
- pinch chili flakes
- splash of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Blend dry spices in a small bowl. Pat dry fish fillets with paper towel to dry well then season with salt, gently rub each fillet with spice mix, then finish with fresh pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet and reserve at room temperature.
- Combine avocado, red onion, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, chili flakes and olive oil in a bowl. Fold gently to combine. Season to taste and if you have any leftover spice rub you can all a bit to the salsa too, up to you. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place spiced salmon in 400°F (205°C) oven for 10 – 15 minutes depending on how you like your salmon. If you opt for ‘pink’ 10 – 12 minutes only. Remove from oven, rest for a minute while you ready your plates, top with avocado and serve.
Opted for a splash more spice with a chipotle infused olive oil as a finishing element, prior to plating. Nothing says oils have to be dribbled, drizzled or otherwise applied to dishes over food, play with sauces and oils as a colourful accent and have some fun. I like the contrast. Voila, Latin Spiced Salmon with Avocado Salsa and Chipotle Olive Oil, simply fantastic.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: Latin