- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 squares (90 grams) white baking chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup Dulce de Leche (plus some for garnish, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts, roasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) with rack in center. Spray baking pan (9 x 9 square, 8 inch round or two 8.5 x 2.5-inch loaf pans) with non-stick spray to coat, then line bottom of baking pan with parchment paper, cut to cover corners, and come up the edge about a half-inch.
- Combine dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Roast nuts on a baking sheet in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 4 – 6 minutes until golden, then allow to cool and stand.
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat then continue cooking as butter solids brown then remove from heat and let stand for two minutes. Place white chocolate in a small, heat-proof bowl then add butter, stir once or twice then reserve as the hot butter melts the chocolate.
- Beat egg and brown sugar in your electric mixing bowl until well creamed, light, and fluffy, mixing for about 3 minutes. Remove mixing bowl from stand and using a spatula or wooden spoon stir in chocolate and butter until smooth. Add vanilla and Dulce de Leche and stir until well mixed then fold in dry ingredients and nuts until a stiff, smooth dough forms.
- Distribute dough evenly in pan(s) and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 – 35 minutes, unit a tester inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the baking pan for about 2 hours before removing, cutting, and serving. To fancy it up for a party, drizzle Delce de Leche over the platter, or brownies, along with some melted chocolate, or top with chopped candy or chocolate bar.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Modern
Keywords: Dulce de Leche Blondies