As party food goes, nothing beats wings! Let’s toss a little Bollywood at your wing night with Tandoori Chicken Wings and a little Smokey Riata dip.
Tandoori Chicken Wings
- 1 cup plain yogurt (whole milk preferred)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced fine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste with garlic
- 3 pounds (1 kilo) chicken wings (about 24 wings)
- 1/2 cup English Cucumber, seeded, grated
- 1/2 cup plain, whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Tandoori Chicken Wings:
1) In a ziplock bag mix tandoori marinade: yogurt, lemon juice, allspice, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, salt, smoked paprika, garlic & Thai chili paste. combine until well mixed and the colour is consistent. Add chicken, seal the top, and massage marinade into the chicken. Open a corner of the bag and press to remove all air from the bag. Marinade in the fridge overnight, turning once or twice.
2) Pre-heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Spray the cooling rack well with non-stick spray and place over a baking sheet. Remove chicken from marinade and place on the rack, well-spaced so they don’t touch. Pour out the remaining marinade and touch up any spot where the wings have no marinade with a brush or your fingers.
3) Roast chicken wings for 15 to 20 minutes, turning at about the 10-minute mark until cooked through. Turn off your oven and let stand for 5 minutes, this will help dry the outside of the wing and keep the marinade intact. Remove from oven and serve with accompanying dip.
Season cucumber with salt in a small bowl, let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature. Squeeze cucumber by hand, removing as much liquid as possible, drain liquid from the bowl. Add yogurt, spices, and mint to seasoned cucumber, taste then season to taste with salt & pepper. Chill raita, covered, until ready to serve. This stands ready for days and only gets more intense in flavour.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Modern
Keywords: Wing Recipe, Tandoori Wings, Tandoori Chicken Wings