Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon! Roasting gives those wee cabbages a sweet taste. Roasting together with bacon, and some big juicy sultana raisins and they become pop-you-your-mouth addictive!
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, whole
- 6 slices of lean smoked bacon, cut in 3/4inch pieces
- 1/2 cup large sultana raisins
- 1 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Wash and clean brussels sprouts. With pairing knife cut small “X” in bottom of each brussels sprout. This helps heat to penetrate the stem, so they cook evenly.
- In large bowl toss brussels sprouts, bacon & raisins with olive oil to coat.
- Evenly distribute, one layer deep on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Place in 350°F (175°C) oven for 20 minutes, remove and gently turn, return to oven 15 – 20 minutes or until brussels sprouts are golden, and tender. Season as needed and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts and Bacon