At its core Italian cuisine is purity and humility. Spaghetti with Garlic & Parsley is one of my favorite summer pastas. Four ingredients: a quality pasta, a good olive oil, parsley and garlic plus a bit of salt and pepper. That’s it. Simplicity is the core of great cuisine.
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 – 8 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil your salted water (about 4 quarts/liters and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt) and chop garlic & parsley.
- Once water has come to a solid boil, add your pasta and cook to just al dente. Reserve about a half a cup of pasta water before draining and rinsing your pasta well. Reserve at room temperature.
- Return empty pot to the stove over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and cook, stirring as needed, for about 3 to 4 minutes until garlic begins to brown. Stir in parsley and red pepper flakes and remove from heat, add pasta and about a 1/4 cup, or more if needed, of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce, and toss pasta to coat & steam.
Serve immediately, curling pasta onto plates or bowls with tongs or a carving fork. Finish Spaghetti with Garlic & Parsley fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and tuck in.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian